Main Job Functions
· To maintain a current registration with the NMC.
· To maintain nursing skills at a current level, and undertake such training and development as may from time to time be required to maintain that currency of practice.
· To provide leadership to the Care and nursing functions of The Home/Agency.
· To provide nursing Care in accordance with current best practice, according to policy and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations under the direction of the Manager, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time.
(Note: In addition to these functions, employees are required to carry out such duties as may reasonably be required).
Main Job Duties
MANAGEMENT OF THE ORGANISATION:
· Develop effective working relationships with the Manager of The Home/Agency.
· Support an open, positive and inclusive management culture.
· Participate in the development of The Home/Agency’s policies.
· Participate in evaluation of The Home/Agency against agreed organisational goals, as well as business and quality objectives.
· Work to establish effective employer-employee relationships.
· Minimise legal risks.
· Participate in the maintenance of The Home/Agency’s management information systems.
· Assist in the formulation and implementation of Care and nursing policies and procedures.
· Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of The Home/Agency.
· Act within The Home/Agency’s budget based on The Home/Agency’s objectives and within the projected revenue.
· Work in a cost-effective manner.
· Be involved in the implementation and maintenance of The Home/Agency’s quality assurance programme.
· Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the nursing standards and nursing service provision.
· Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the Care standards and Care service provision.
· Systematically solve day-to-day problematical issues which arise.
MANAGEMENT OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES:
· Cooperate with the implementation, evaluation, orientation and induction of all new employees.
· Assist individual staff to develop in their role and level of compliance with agreed standards
· Support the implementation of The Home/Agency’s policies and procedures.
· Support the effective resolution of team conflicts.
· Support a work atmosphere which promotes a high quality of work life.
· Support and maintain a culture of performance and excellence.
MANAGEMENT OF CARE AND NURSING SERVICES:
· Assist in the development of the philosophy, goals and objectives for the Care and nursing practice.
· Assist in the assessment of the effectiveness of Care and nursing implementation and delivery.
· Implement action to meet and maintain Care and nursing standards.
· Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams to maximise opportunities for Service User Therapeutic Care.
· Ensure that Service Users’ rights are protected.
· Encourage a model of self-care and Service User rehabilitation.
· Evaluate Care Plans.
· Evaluate standards of Care and nursing competence.
PROFESSIONAL LONG TERM CARE LEADERSHIP:
· Encourage innovative methods for the delivery of Care.
· Encourage health promotion within Care strategies.
· Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
· Promote a positive image for residency and employment within The Home.