Main Job Functions
· To maintain care skills at a current level, and undertake such training and development as may from time to time be required to maintain that currency of practice.
· To provide care in accordance with current best practice, according to policies and procedures, agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations under the direction of the Manager, and within the financial plans agreed from time to time.
Main Job Duties
WORKING WITHIN THE ORGANISATION
· Develop effective working relationships with the other employees within the Agency.
· Support an open, positive and inclusive working culture
· Participate in the development of The Agency’s policies.
· Participate in the evaluation of The Agency against agreed organisational goals, business, and quality objectives.
· Work to establish effective employer-employee relationships.
· Minimise legal risks.
· Participate in the maintenance of The Agency’s management information systems.
· Assist in the formulation and implementation of care policies and procedures.
· Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of The Agency.
· Act within The Agency’s budget based on The Agency’s objectives and within the projected revenue.
· Work in a cost effective manner.
· Be involved in the implementation and maintenance of The Agency’s quality assurance programme.
· Assist in the design and administration of the care standards and care service provision.
· Systematically solve day to day problematical issues which arise.
· Assist in the development of the philosophy, goals and objectives of the care practice.
· Assist in the assessment of the effectiveness of care implementation and delivery.
· Implement action to meet and maintain care standards.
· Work in cooperation with members of multi-disciplinary health teams in order to maximise opportunities for service-user therapeutic care.
· Ensure service-user rights are protected.
· Encourage a model of self-care and service-user rehabilitation.
· Record relevant activities in care plans.
· Evaluate standards of care competence.
PROFESSIONAL LONG TERM LEADERSHIP
· Encourage innovative methods for the delivery of care.
· Encourage health promotion within care strategies
· Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
· Promote a positive image for residency and employment within the agency.
· Cooperate with the implementation, evaluation, orientation and induction of all new employees.
· Support the implementation of The Agency’s policies and procedures.
· Support the effective resolution of team conflicts.
· Support a work atmosphere which promotes a high quality of work life.
· Support and maintain a culture of performance and excellence.