Main Job Functions
To work as a team member under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager, trained nursing staff and senior care assistants in delivering high quality person centred care in a way that respects the dignity of the individual promoting independence and well being; and to undertake other activities to assist in the running of the home as required.
Ideally applicants should have an NVQ/Diploma in health & social care or have completed the care certificate within the past year.
Previous experience in the same or similar role is required.
Candidates should have good communication skills with a caring character.
All hours are on a rota basis.
21 hrs p/week day and night opportunities available
Main Job Duties
To assist the service users in personal care including washing, bathing, dressing and toilet needs.
· Responding promptly to call bells.
· To report any accidents or unexplained injuries immediately to the Manager or nurse in charge.
· To ensure that service users are socially presentable in appearance at all times.
· To ensure that service users have any aids e.g. – Dentures, Hearing Aids, Spectacles etc. fitted, cleaned and in working order.
· To assist the service users in rehabilitation activities under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager and trained nursing staff.
· To assist in the cleaning of the Home as the need arises, particularly dining areas after meals and to support infection control e.g. cleaning up spills immediately.
· To pay due respect to service users possessions and to ensure that bedrooms and communal areas are tidy and presentable.
· To be resourceful in the use of supplies.
· To report to the Nurse in Charge or Senior Care Assistant, any changes in individual service user’s condition and any other relevant matter, noting especially any changes in skin condition.
· To refer all enquiries regarding the care or condition of service users to the senior nursing staff or senior care assistant irrespective of the source of the enquiry.
· To respect the rights of service users including privacy and dignity.
· To assist in the serving and clearing of meals, snacks and drinks.
· To assist service users to eat and drink, monitoring intake and reporting any concerns to the nurse in charge or senior care assistant.
· To complete all food and fluid charts and any other daily monitoring records as requested.
· To participate in social activities with service users and to use all interactions with service users as an opportunity for stimulation/occupation.