Main Job Functions
To supervise and participate in the delivery of care to the Service Users.
· To lead on the responsibility of Service Users individual care documentation ensuring a person centred approach.
· To provide effective leadership for care staff through supervision, support and mentoring in all aspects of care.
· To be responsible for the administration of medication.
· Work effectively with others within the home to ensure that Service Users needs are met.
Ideally applicants should have an NVQ 3/Diploma in health & social care or have completed the care certificate within the past year.
Applicants should also have supervisory experience
Previous experience in the same or similar role is required.
Candidates should have good communication skills with a caring character.
All hours are on a rota basis.
Main Job Duties
To actively participate and supervise in the delivery of care to the Service Users to ensure that their physical, social, intellectual and emotional needs are met and ensuring dignity choice, independence and respect.
· To be responsible with the team for the preparation, implementation, review and update of all Service Users care plans using person centred methodology, which focuses on the strengths and abilities of individuals and in line with their personal wishes and preferences involving Service Users representatives, key workers and management, as appropriate and in line with Ascot Care’s policies.
· To be responsible with the team for continual monitoring of each Service Users health needs, by ensuring access to NHS healthcare services and monitoring of health related care documentation assessments. To include appropriate liaison with Service Users, relatives, manager/nurse in charge and relevant staff.
· To ensure Service Users choice and independence is respected through appropriate risk management involving all parties and ensuring accurate up to date record keeping.
· Encourage Service Users to be involved in the Home. Welcome and encourage their participation in activities so that they can participate and remain emotionally and intellectually stimulated.
· Assist as required with social functions that take place at the Home.
· Support and work closely with families and friends offering them professional and emotional support, sensitive to individual need.
· To administer prescribed medication to Service Users and assist in the management of an effective system for the safe control and administration of medication in accordance with policy and procedures.