Main Job Functions
We are looking for a professional, compassionate and reliable Care Assistant to work with our service in our care home in Darlington and provide safe and effective care. 24, or 36 hours per week shift on rota basis.
• National Living wage of up to £8.21 p/hr
• Hours Monday to Sunday, days, shifts are on a rota
• Shifts are 6-2 ,8-2, 2-10,
• On-going training
• Excellent career development opportunities
To be a member of our dedicated day care team looking after the care, safety and well being of our elderly residents within a residential care home environment.
Applicants should have previous experience in a caring role and hold an NVQ level 2 preferably or experience in health & social care.
Applicants should have good, communication and writing skills, have a responsible caring nature
The role will include the administration of medication and care documentation for our residents.
Due to the sensitive nature of our business, all successful applicants will be subject to DBS checks, a full interview process and references being required.
Ascot care is family run care group with over 30 years’ experience. Through our Company we provide care for the elderly across the North East of England. We pride ourselves on offering a professional service with a personal touch. We adhere to all legislation in every facet of the business whilst still ensuring the core and paramount focus of Ascot care is always the happiness and contentment of our residents and their families.
Main Job Duties
To act as a keyworker for a number of service users. Ensuring that you greet any service users, for whom you are a key worker, on admission to the home and assist them to settle in (if possible).
· To assist the service users in personal care including washing, bathing, dressing and toilet needs.
· Responding promptly to call bells.
· To report any accidents or unexplained injuries immediately to the Manager or nurse in charge.
· To ensure that service users are socially presentable in appearance at all times.
· To ensure that service users have any aids e.g. – Dentures, Hearing Aids, Spectacles etc. fitted, cleaned and in working order.
· To assist the service users in rehabilitation activities under the guidance and supervision of the Home Manager and trained nursing staff.
· To assist in the cleaning of the Home as the need arises, particularly dining areas after meals and to support infection control e.g. cleaning up spills immediately.
· To pay due respect to service users possessions and to ensure that bedrooms and communal areas are tidy and presentable.
· To be resourceful in the use of supplies.
· To report to the Nurse in Charge or Senior Care Assistant, any changes in individual service user’s condition and any other relevant matter, noting especially any changes in skin condition.
· To refer all enquiries regarding the care or condition of service users to the senior nursing staff or senior care assistant irrespective of the source of the enquiry.
· To respect the rights of service users including privacy and dignity.
· To assist in the serving and clearing of meals, snacks and drinks.
· To assist service users to eat and drink, monitoring intake and reporting any concerns to the nurse in charge or senior care assistant.
· To complete all food and fluid charts and any other daily monitoring records as requested.
· To participate in social activities with service users and to use all interactions with service users as an opportunity for stimulation/occupation.